How to become parents if you have HIV?
People with HIV have had an improvement in terms of treatment. The vaccine has not been found to completely eradicate the virus, but it has been controlled, to the point that people with HIV can live in the same way as healthy people and plan a progeny with the security of not transmitting the virus, but There is a really valuable question that you should ask yourself: Can I have children if I am HIV positive?
Without the methods that control the virus, the probability of passing it on by inheritance is one in four people. Being before for the patients, an impossibility to have a "normal" life. It was in recent years that medications have been improved so that both men and women can have a quiet life.
And under family planning, in conjunction with the agency and the treating doctor, they will have the possibility of bearing healthy children.
People with HIV must take strict medication, keeping the levels of the virus in an undetectable range, that is, it does not pass into the bloodstream. For family planning, the doctor must be aware of the plans and depending on the case, prescribe the necessary treatment. Since each facet of pregnancy is different,[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”235″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text] there are different ways to isolate the virus, not only in pregnancy, depending on who transmits it:
In the case of males, it is advisable to resort to artificial insemination through the method known as sperm washing. As long as the man has antibodies against the virus.
The technique consists of taking the sperm sample and separating them from the remaining components. Avoiding the risk of contagion, both for the mother, as he drinks. The tests that have been carried out so far have been successful. Achieving healthy HIV pregnancies. For the remaining method, the woman's cycle is hormonally controlled, in order to match both genetic materials and lead to fertilization.
The chances of a pregnancy range from 50% to 60%, and it is common for the first attempt to be unsuccessful. The variables that determine the process are patient control, the quality of the pregnant woman's genetic material and seminal washing. The subsequent steps are similar to a normal pregnancy. Some tests to undergo are:
- Psychological study
- Blood tests
- Analysis of diseases in recent years.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”109″ img_size=”full”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
The most important thing that every person with HIV must do is take medication as quickly as possible, after detecting that they have the disease. In the case of women. You can avoid the risk of infection to the baby up to 20%.
When a woman decides to start a family, she must take certain precautions in order to avoid contagion in the newborn:
- If the man is not infected with HIV, fertilization by artificial insemination or another assisted reproductive technique should be performed, depending on the fertility of both limbs.
- The disease process must be stable, and not have presented any recent alteration that affects the health of the pregnancy, so planning the pregnancy in advance is important, with the help of specialist doctors.
- When the pregnancy begins, fully comply with the prescriptions given by the doctor. Without increasing or decreasing them, reasons that can affect the fetus in its healthy development.
- Present a good HIV diagnosis.
- Some exams, which they must submit are:
- Psychological analysis.
- Uterine and blood analysis.
- Hormonal analysis.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”2403″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]Couples where one or both members are seropositive, must be very aware that making the decision to become parents involves being attentive to the orders given by the specialist, so that the couple or newborn is healthy. The most important aspects of pregnancy are:
- Assisted reproductive techniques should be considered the best option. And in case of having an advanced phase, turning to a donor can be a channel, depending on the case to be evaluated.
- For men, seminal washing is the method created with the purpose of transferring genetic material without unwanted eventualities.
- Communication of the plans with the doctor in charge, thus having a knowledge of the reproductive capacity, and a professional voice that consents or declines the idea.
- Have a long amount of stability with HIV control.
[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTg43bkiCDs”][vc_column_text]Not all centers specialized in assisted reproduction have the mechanisms to care for pregnancies with HIV. However, the treatment is not so variable compared to artificial insemination applied to people without the virus. The couple or person should explain the case and look for an experienced clinic.
The person must internalize the care of others as an important value, so that the surroundings are not affected. Controlling the pregnancy is part of the way, so that the family does not trigger the disease.
It is an achievement that medicine has managed to help people who have the desire to be parents, since previously it was something unthinkable. Always emphasizing that using any of the assisted reproduction techniques prevents the health of third parties to a greater degree.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][rcblock id=”741″][ultimate_spacer height=”40″][vc_basic_grid post_type=”post” max_items=”4″ element_width=”6″ item=”43″ grid_id=”vc_gid:1608749379051-d4ffc261-ca4f-6″][/vc_column][/vc_row]