considered as a permanent method of contraception, so it is necessary for the woman to be sure to perform pomeroy, since approximately 15% of women who perform pomeroy want to regain their fertility before the first 14 years after tubal lig
ation. While tubal ligation has benefits for patients, it can also have disadvantages for them.
Here are some of the pros and cons of tubal ligation
- The use of hormonal contraceptives is avoided.
- Condom use is avoided in every sexual act.
- 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.
- It can be done at the same time of delivery, if this is by caesarean section.
- It's a simple operation that doesn't require hospitalization.
- It is an irreversible method of contraception, even when the reversal is made, fertility may not be regained.
- Risks of ectopic pregnancies.
- It does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases.
- If it is to become a mother again, the patient must go through in vitro fertilization treatment, which is an economic cost.