Everything you need to know about an ectopic pregnancy
Ectopic pregnancy is not very common, but in the few cases that it occurs, medical treatments must be resorted to, so in this article we are going to talk about everything you need to know about it, explaining how it can be given, such as you can feel an ectopic pregnancy and even some of the causes that increase the likelihood of this condition.
What is ectopic pregnancy?
Ectopic pregnancy, on average, affects 1 in every 100 pregnancies, and its main drawback is that the fertilized ovum begins to develop outside the uterus, for different reasons, in most cases 98% present the abnormality in the tubes of Fallopium, which is why it is also known as a tubal pregnancy, so it must be treated by specialists to avoid greater risks.
How does Ectopic pregnancy occur? +
Pregnancies under normal conditions develop when the ovum, when fertilized, crosses the fallopian tubes towards the uterus, initiating its process, allowing the fetus to grow normally, but in the case of ectopic pregnancies, there are different causes that prevent the mobilization of the ovum to the uterus, the most achievable and that represents 50% of the cases, occurs due to infections in the fallopian tubes, which generate an inflammation preventing the ovum from traveling. Among other factors that make an ectopic pregnancy possible are.
- There may be some anomalies, or a bad formation of the fallopian tube, which can impede or make it very difficult for the egg to travel to the uterus, thus preventing its arrival.
- Some infection, when there is an infection in the fallopian tube, in response, they tend to become inflamed, partially or completely blocking the passage, blocking the transfer of the ovum to the uterus.
- Scars, can be caused by perpetrated surgeries, or by infections such as chlamydia, which when recovering leaves scars in the fallopian tube, making it impossible for the egg to move until it reaches the uterus.
How to detect an ectopic pregnancy?
This is a very important question, how can we recognize this type of pregnancies, especially when in most cases they are the same as those of a normal pregnancy, within the first three months.
What you should keep in mind is that an ectopic pregnancy is very rare, that is why it is important to be in contact with your gynecologist or specialist, they have the necessary skills to make a diagnosis of your pregnancy, especially because you must bear in mind that It is possible that you do not have any unusual symptoms, or on the contrary if you have symptoms, but you will begin to notice them from the fifth week of pregnancy.
These symptoms can be:
- Fainting and dizziness, with a strong weakness of your body.
- Having problems or discomfort when you go to the bathroom in the bathroom
- There is bleeding, which can be light or much stronger than that of your period cycle, in this case it is vital to see your doctor as soon as possible.
- Pains, which change in intensity, and focus on the pelvis, reaching the neck and shoulders.
It is even possible to present these symptoms without knowing that you are pregnant, or when you barely have days to know it, so when you have any strange symptoms you should go to the doctor.
Risks of an ectopic pregnancy
The risks of an ectopic pregnancy may increase when
- You are of advanced age for pregnancy over 35 years.
- You have already been through an ectopic pregnancy.
- You have had surgeries in areas such as the pelvis or abdominals.
- You suffered from an inflammatory disease or condition in the pelvis.
- You have regular smoking habits.
- Using drugs that increase fertility.
- Having induced an abortion.
- Disorders such as endometriosis.
All these factors increase the possibility of having an ectopic pregnancy, so you should turn to a specialist who will give you an accurate diagnosis depending on your case.
An ectopic pregnancy can affect fertility
The treatments of an ectopic pregnancy are intended to interrupt the pregnancy, and their objective is to leave the fallopian tubes in perfect condition. There are several causes which make the procedure little invasive, on the contrary, they may also have to remove the fallopian tubes to protect your life.
In general, in most cases, a woman can become pregnant again and achieve a successful pregnancy, but there is also the possibility of going through an ectopic pregnancy again, therefore, the best way to know your condition and if it affects your Fertility will be told by your doctor, who through examinations and medical history can evaluate the quality of your fertility.
That is why we recommend you go to CELAGEM , offering you real and accurate information, we have specialists who will care about you and will make you have the security and confidence so that you can have a safe pregnancy protecting your life, and the health of your future child.