ROPA method vs Adoption
ROPA method vs Adoption
The ROPA method and adoption are two different ways of being able to live an experience as a Mother. If in your case, you and your partner want to take your relationship to the next level, forming your own family, but by using these two methods, you must know each one of them and identify how you want to live the process.
If you want to be a biological mother with your partner of the same sex, and want to live and be part of the baby's growth, the most advisable thing is to use an assisted reproduction method such as the ROPA method, which has excellent rates. of success.
It is not a very complicated method and currently it has become very effective, thanks to the advancement of science and the purpose of its development, which is totally aimed at lesbian mothers, and in this way it is possible for the couple to be a biological participant in development. of the baby.
On the other hand, if what they want is a process without the support of medical treatment to start a family, they can do so by adoption, either by adopting a child. This is a way to make your dream come true and you also give a little one a better quality of life, with the opportunity to live in a house, feeling loved and respected.These are two different ways to start a family, but it all depends on what you want to experiment with in the process. If you are still not convinced by either of the two methods, read on to highlight different important points of the two methods, so that as a couple you can make a clearer and safer decision.
Advantages and disadvantages
We begin by talking about the advantages of the ROPA method.
- The process is special for same-sex couples, they will share, feel and experience everything from the beginning, which will improve their ties as a family.
- It is a procedure with a high rate of effectiveness.
- The couple is a biological part of the pregnancy, one being the egg donor and the other receiving the eggs.
- The embryo is genetically checked to visualize its quality, in addition to identifying if there is any disease or risk, so only the best embryos are selected.
Disadvantages of the ROPA method.
- A notable disadvantage is that the procedure is expensive.
- Although the success rate is high, it is also linked to the age and health of the patient.
- In some cases, there may be some significant degree of stress at each stage of the ROPA method.
It's time to talk about the benefits of adoption.
- You give a boy or girl a second chance, from the moment they know that someone chose them to form a family, you will generate happiness and joy that will infect you.
- As a couple, you are going to start the process of having a son or daughter and living all the experiences, moments and joys together.
- Since he is with you you will wish the best for him and you will imagine taking him to school, being in his graduations so you will want to teach him and train him to be a good person.
- Since it is a mutual decision between the two of you, the relationship will make more sense, bonding even more.
Now we must talk about the disadvantages that exist in this method.
- They can live moments where they will consider if it was a good idea to have adopted, especially because you do not know what possible traumas they could have and this can affect their education, upbringing or way of expressing themselves, so they must have patience to face some moments.
- It is possible that even if you are adopting a child from 1 to 3 years old, he has already been able to learn some things from his biological mother, so correcting him will be much more complicated.
- Many societies are disoriented or uninformed about the great miracle that you have brought to the lives of both of them and for that of the child, therefore, both must face some criticism or bad comments, being so, they must work in an excellent emotional quality.
In this section, there is a big difference and that is that the cost for the ROPA method is much higher than the cost for adoption, and this is because the ROPA method requires several more meticulous and essential processes, which offer you a more natural pregnancy, on the other hand, the adoption may even be free or have to pay for the administrative processes, some legal fees and follow-ups that can be carried out by the institutions authorized for adoptions.
In a study, the ROPA method has an approximate price of 23,000,000 million Colombian pesos, this can fluctuate according to the tests and procedures that will be required for you to carry a successful pregnancy.
Although you decide to go to an institute where you can adopt for free, there are other regulated institutes, which offer you different facilities for all the papers and legal requirements that are required, in addition they will provide you with processes with professionals in the psychological field to help you in your choice. and on average it can cost between 4,000,000 to 7,000,000 Colombian pesos.
How long do I need?
In this section, the difference between the ROPA method and adoption is similar but in some cases, the adoption may take a little longer than expected, due to the waiting time and other requirements that we explain separately:
Regarding the CLOTHING method begins with medicated ovulation which lasts between 12 to 15 days, at the next appointment, the ovum is extracted and taken to the fertilization process within the laboratory, where its development is verified within 5 days, and a specialist will perform different analyzes to choose the healthiest and most developed.
The woman who will carry the pregnancy, must be in a treatment to improve the implantation of the embryo, in which the best moment is expected to implant it inside the woman, after 11 to 12 days after implantation, the pregnancy test will be performed , which leads to the conclusion that on average, the ROPA method lasts 28 days.
On the other hand adoption it can last between nine months, a year or more. For this process, you can be on a waiting list, you will also have to carry out different processes, starting with an adoption course, where they will indicate all the necessary information, and if at the end of the course you are determined to start, you will go through three stages.
- The first stage is administrative, the application letter to adopt will be presented, where you will agree to take the tests to verify if they are fit to adopt.
- The judicial stage, in which they will give you the power to place you as parents of an adopted child in legal terms.
- The last stage consists of a follow-up, which will ensure that the conditions are being met and that there is an environment that favors both the parents and the child.
They are completely different processes and your decision as future Mothers will be according to different areas, which can be financial, social and above all your perception of how you want to live your process, defining if you want to biologically experience the growth of your child or if on the contrary, they want to give a smile and adopt your child so that he can grow with you.
The two decisions are correct and safe for both, they just have to study them and make sure that it is what they want, supporting each other to grow and give their best in the new stage of providing healthy growth and a family union, to their son or daughter that you will surely appreciate it throughout your life.